Being a preferred and trusted thermostat manufacturer, Ecobee prides in the creation of performance-oriented first-class smart thermostats. Their latest ecobee3 and ecobee4 are some of the best-selling products boasting of outstanding features and impressive design. Read along to understand these two Ecobee3 vs Ecobee 4 products better.
Ecobee3 vs Ecobee4—Similarities
- Both models allow for mobile app integration
- They both include a room sensor
- They come with staple LCD touchscreen
- Both units are hardwired, so they don’t require an external connection to a battery
- They are energy-efficient enough to save you up to 23% annually.
- Both models support voice controls via Google Home, IFTTT, Amazon Echo, and all others.
- They both come with a power extender kit
Differences between the Two Thermostat Models
- Ecobee3 is designed to be compatible with Alexa, while Ecobee4 is compatible with Amazon’s Alexa.
- In terms of physical design, Ecobee4 is heavier, bigger, and thicker compared to ecobee3.
- The Ecobee4 LCD touch screen has a new and advanced icon for voice control menus and options.
- The Ecobee4 includes advanced LED light indicating Alexa is active
- The Ecobee4’s backplate is redesigned, with some terminals removed from its surface.
Can These Thermostats Work Without Wi-Fi?
The answer to this question is yes. However, setting up the thermostats to work without a Wifi connection only means one thing—they will work as the traditional thermostats. The smart features in these systems will be useless. However, once you got them connected to a Wifi, you will be able to use them as smart thermostats easily.
Do The Thermostats Have Geofencing?
Both thermostats include an updated and fully functional geofencing feature. The feature is designed to make it possible for your smartphone to sense while you are within the home environment and when far away.
Can The Ecobee App Work on Tablets?
If you have got a tablet and want to use the Ecobee app, you are good to go. The app is designed to work for all iOS and Android devices, so if your tablet uses any of these operating systems, you can use it to run your smart home automation the Ecobee3 and Ecobee4 smart thermostats. It’s good to realize that the app works with fire tablets as well.
Ecobee3 vs Ecobee4—Conclusion
Do you desire to buy a smart home thermostat, but have no idea what to look out for, the two latest thermostats from Ecobee are really what you need. They are quite loved and cherished by customers because of what they have and do. They pack tons of high-end features and are powerful enough to give you the value you need for your money. Also, they designed to be user-friendly and energy-friendly, ensuring they will save you over 20% on energy costs yearly.